These short pieces are planned, scripted, cast, produced, shot, edited, designed and post-produced by students on the creative media production programmes. Film making involves a complex set of stages and a diverse range of skills, and therefore the involvement of a team of people. Students will create and make short dramas, advertising, factual programmes, music video, drama (as well as audio work). They also work on live briefs making products for internal and external clients. During their time on the course students will assume a number of different roles and gradually gravitate towards those to which they are best suited.
Here are some examples of the work they make (recommend full screen option)
- Director- Harry Osborne (studying art and design at Sussex Downs College)
- Carl Bowers (studying media at Portsmouth)
- Jack Duff (joined the RAF);
- Dan Bevan (studying) televison and film production at Portsmouth)
- Director - Tom Goodwin (studying broadcast journalism at Leeds)
- Producer - Jess Oakley (studying TV and video production at Solent)
- Director of Photography - Mia Lainchbury (studying radio at Bournemouth)
- Art Director - Polly Miles (starting a career in music journalism)
Blue Aidee - Summer Funk
- Directed and produced by Shane Fox and Dan Bevan
Media production students were commissioned to produce a DVD for various uses covering the annual catwalk show which features the work of fashion and textiles students; This is a high pressure project: coverage of live events leaves no margin for error. and the turn around from the first capture to a fully working HD DVD was 4 days.